Friday, March 17, 2006

Bathrobe Blizzard

I previously posted pictures of the great Prague spring blizzard which Nellie and I had the privileged (?) of being a part of. You may have wondered where we were during all the excitement. The answer, is on the 26th floor of the Corinthia Hotel-- at the pool!!

During our research on things to do in Prague, Nellie found a five star hotel that allows guests to use the workout and pool facilities without actually staying at the hotel. Lucky for us, we chose the right day to relax poolside! After working out in the gym for an hour, we had "home church" next to the pool and then jumped in while watching the snow fall all over the city. The view from the pool was amazing (see the snow picture from my previous post).

Pool side home church was nice and relaxing, but was more out of necessity than anything. Through our exploration of Prague, we did not come across a single active church. Yes, there are many large cathedrals and "church shaped" structures, but they were not living churches, just empty shells; tourist points on a map. Prague is in desperate need of Christian influences. As it has only recently come out of communist dictatorship, men and women are desperately needed to build up the church in this area.

My favorite part of Sunday was the amazing bath robes that the hotel provided for us. Having never experienced the luxury of a bath robe before, I felt like royalty. Nellie laughs at me every time I mention it. Unfortunately, for some strange reason, I don't have a picture of my amazing bath robe. You'll just have to take my word for it!

The Corinthia Hotel is has a little bit for everyone. Later in the week, Nellie and I returned to eat at the Beer and Bowling Bar. After a wonderful Czech feast, we bowled three games. Nellie is an amazing bowler and a fierce competitor! The hotel provided a great place to relax after dark.

Watching a blizzard while swimming in a pool is a great experience. You really should try it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

What a great post and memory. I had lots of fun with you on that day!!

Saturday, March 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home