Saturday, February 25, 2006

Special Day

February 23rd was my 22nd birthday and I celebrated in high style while in Oxford. Nellie made the day memorable by her wonderful cooking and special treatment. My family sent me a wonderful package filled with all kinds of goodies and treasures including clothing, food, and pictures from my 4 year old sister Katelyn.

One of my most exciting gifts was a personal book embosser given to my by Nellie. One of my goals while in England is to expand my book collection to include interesting copies of classic works of fiction. I have made several purchases including a 1897 version of Paradise Lost, a 1910 version of the Complete Works of Shakespeare, and several books by C.S. Lewis. The book embosser makes me an official "book collector" as I places my name and initials on the title page of all my personal volumes. It was an amazing and extremely creative gift! Thanks Nellie, you are amazing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jodi said...

Glad you liked it!

Monday, February 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home