Sunday, January 22, 2006

A View from my perspective

This post is dedicated to giving you a glimpse of what life is like at the vines and in Oxford.

Above and below are pictures of my room where I spend quite a bit of time. My bed is directly under our awesome window. I can look straight up into the sky at night. If it's clear (which happens about once every two weeks), I can see the stars. This is also the best place to watch the sun set over Oxford.



This is my "bookshelf." On the occasion of this picture, I was reading Sir Gawain and the Green night, Paradise Lost, and the Screwtape Letters. You can also see my copy of C.S. Lewis' collected letters which I received from my Aunt for Christmas.

Above is a shot of the kitchen at 6:30 on a Friday evening. As you can see, it's PACKED! I'm surprised that no one has gotten burnt, cut, or seriously injured by a cheese grater! All the students get along very well and everyone is patient. Moving around from one corner to another is not an easy task. As a result, there are occasional cries of "throw me a spoon!"

Oxford students aren't always studying! Here Kristin, Laurie, Nellie (taking the picture) and I are watching Wycliffe Hall play Queens College in Football (soccer). The game ended in a 2-1 Wycliffe victory! Three student from the program are playing on the Wycliffe team this term.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I notice your vitamins and cold medicine on your desk. What's up with that? Healthy?

Neat and orderly room even with three guys? Amazing!

Friday, January 27, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was my favorite room at The Vines, but it was a girls room when we were there:) brad and i were in the HUGE room in the back corner of the main floor, with great big windows looking out over the back garden. Enjoy that crowded kitchen, i miss it now!-Bethany

Thursday, February 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home